Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Chocolately Body Butter!

This recipe is sooo delightful. I got a few 4 oz tubs of cocoa butter to use on my skin, but was really annoyed that I had to heat it every time I wanted to use it. So I decided to try a body butter recipe. Slightly altered from several I found when I googled. It's totally delicious smelling and nourishing. It's the consistency of thick soft butter. It melts on contact with skin so it lasts! Recipe below the pictures!


Recipe for thick and creamy body butter (4 oz):
1/2 cup cocoa butter
1/4 cup coconut oil (solid)
1/4 cup of olive oil (or another liquid oil. almond and jojoba oil were recommended by various people)
optional: essential oil, vitamin e oil

Melt the cocoa butter and coconut oil over a double boiler. Add the olive oil and mix together until well blended. Turn the flame off and once the oil has cooled a little, add any essential oils or vitamin e drops. stick it in the fridge (or freezer if the room you're making it in is hot) for 10-20 minutes until it's a thick goopy sort of texture. Then whip it in a blender until it's light and fluffy. Stick it in the fridge if you are in a hot climate!

No comments:

Post a Comment